Wednesday, October 3, 2012

well that was NO fun!

The older people around here spared me extra doctor visits for a while.  It was nice.  I still had to go see Dr. ColdHands, and I still think she is nice even if the mean lady there insists on giving me shots when Dr. ColdHands leaves the room.  At my 15 month check up she decided that we should go to an Allygust or something like that {Editors Note: Allergist}.

Less than 5 minutes into the test I was already
reacting a bunch.  It got worse, but
Mommy was too busy keeping me from itching
to take any pictures.
At first I was like nooooo way man!  But then Mommy explained that my headaches, stuffy nose, cough, and all that crud ... well this doctor may be able to fix that.  She also said that this doctor might tell us that I could relax on the whole "no milk" thing.  I don't know if we have told you this before or not, but at some point back in the day when I was still covered with those sores and throwing up all the time it was decided that I might have a milk allergy.  I got better when I stopped encountering any cow juice, so we thought that was the end of it.  Lots of kids outgrow their milk allergies, so we figured we talk to the doctor about that.

So we went today.  It was a mixture of fun and totally not-fun-ness.

The good parts:

  •  I got to be topless (I am completely over the anti-naked thing I had as a baby by the way)
  • I got to run around a doctors office and push the little rolly stool the doctors usually sit on!
  • Mommy felt bad for me later and spoiled me rotten with a new toy truck!

low score wins? Um, oops!

The bad parts:

  • They poked my back and made me super duper itchy!!!

As it turns out, I have not outgrown the whole cow juice allergy.  In fact, the worst score they can give you is a five ... and I had a five for cow juice.

I also had a five for eggs.

And peanuts.

And walnuts.

Seriously, what is with that?  I have never even had a stinking nut -- which from what the doctor said is probably a good thing.  But I mean really, can't a guy catch a break?  Why do I need more allergies?

spinning the chair and throwing my
pirates around while I wait
The doctors -- oh I forgot to tell you, there were two of them and they were both SO funny! -- said that like 80% of kiddos grow out of the whole milk and egg allergy thing.  But only like 20% or less of the nut one.  So I might have a nut allergy for always, and apparently they stink to have.

The good news is that the doctors said I don't have any serious weed or pollen allergies, yet.  Mommy says that means I can pick weeds, but that doesn't sound like a good thing to me.

So now my parents are reading upon nutty allergies and say we have to be a little careful as we introduce new foods with me.  I am not allowed to eat anything that Mommy doesn't read up on first, which really doesn't bother me too much because I am still uber picky about food and don't want to try much new stuff anyway.

They did give my parents some medicine to try to make all my stuffies go away.  Hopefully it will make it so my head and ears hurt less, and I don't throw up snot.  Throwing up stinks as is, throwing up snot really stinks.

So that updates you on my appointment for today.  I am off to go play with my truck and let Mom use the computer for nutty research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna tell me? I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment and my parents will read it to me so I know what you had to say!