Wednesday, July 6, 2011

check out my boxing gloves

So with the whole scratchy-funky-scalp thing I got going on, my Mom decided to get a little creative.

See, my head is super itchy what with cradle cap, infection, AND now I have various stages of healing going on up there. To add to the complexity of the sitch, I don't control my hands very well, but I do know that I can use them to itch when something needs itched. The result of this has been a very sore head for me. I have scratched myself too hard and I have lots of cuts from doing it. Mommy trims my nails every day, but its so itchy, and I scratch SO hard that even with nails cut so short they are almost not there I still was hurting myself. We tried putting a hat on (didn't stay put and smeared my medicine), tried baby scratch mittens (tore those suckers off in about 3 seconds), and socks (lasted less time than the scratch mittens).

So mom made me some boxing gloves.

Well they aren't boxing gloves, but I am trying to remain positive about this whole thing, so bear with me. Its really just socks that don't fit my feet anymore with the wrist rattles strapped over the top. I can't pull off the socks because the rattles hold them on, and to be honest the rattles distract me a bit when I go to scratch my head. I have to have the socks changed three times a day at least because sometimes I try to scratch anyway and I get medicine on them. I rub my eyes and suck on my hands even with the socks, so the ointment on them is a bad thing so Mom and Dad have to change them often but we are hoping that the itchies stop soon and I won't need these darn things anymore!

I really miss sucking on my fingers, I like to do that a lot, and these silly things prevent me from doing it. Also, its pretty miserable when we go out because it is about 500 degrees outside now and I don't want to wear anything extra! No matter how much I pout about it Mommy and Daddy say I have to wear them, even Micah is on their side! So this is one outnumbered baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna tell me? I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment and my parents will read it to me so I know what you had to say!