Tuesday, June 28, 2011

keepin' them on their toes

My parents must have had the most boring lives in the world before I came along. Seriously, it is exhausting thinking of things I can do to keep them on their toes.

I had to go back to the doctor yesterday because Mommy and Daddy thought my cradle cap was a bit much. Cradle cap is really common, and not something that you have to go to the doctor for usually, but Daddy says I am an overachiever. So I took regular cradle cap, and with my sensitive skin made it a really nasty case. So nasty I itched it, and since I am still learning how to use my hands I itched it a little rough. This left me with a few little scratches on my head, and open cuts can easily become infected ... poof, I have Impetigo! It got nasty enough that Mom called and insisted that my "cradle cap" needed to be looked at by a doctor.

Sigh, so we had to go back to the doctor. You can see some of the yellow funkiness on top of my head in the picture. We aren't sure if its a staph or strep infection -- really who cares, the medicine is making it go away!

I got some medicine for the infection, which I have only had to use twice so far and it already looks about a million times better, but they had to weigh me again. Seriously, I think I should be allowed to stay dressed for that! But I weighed a whooping 14.6 lbs, which means I have gained an entire pound in 3 weeks! That is amazing, even the doctor said so!

While we were there she and Mommy talked a bit about my gagging and choking, which has not gotten any better. I decided to help out a bit and had an episode right then and there. The doctor got to see it, and she told Mom to start giving me a medicine twice a day to help lessen my reflux. I may have super bad reflux, I may have trachea issues, I may have both, but all of the above are treated with this medicine. I haven't noticed a difference in taking it yet, but I have only had two doses, so we will see how it works. It tastes pretty good, so I won't complain about it!

Lastly, I wanted to show you this picture of me with my Froggy. Daddy bought me Froggy a while ago, but now that I am learning how to use my hands I like to play with him a bit more. Sometimes the Frog really makes me mad, and I try to get him. But, since I am not so good with hand eye coordination as of yet I really haven't been successful with this. So I usually wind up just swinging away and getting mad, it makes Mommy giggle so she took a picture of me. I think I look intense, she says I am cute. Whatever, I say to-may-toe you say tom-mah-toe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna tell me? I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment and my parents will read it to me so I know what you had to say!