Wednesday, June 8, 2011

thracheo-whachamacallit

Tracheomalacia.




Its a mouthful, but its also quite annoying. Since I was born I have had weird gagging choking episodes that happen especially when I am eating. At first they said it was because I was part fish still, that it was just amniotic fluid still in my respiratory system somewhere. But it hasn't gone away.





Today Mommy took me to the doctor again because she and Daddy didn't like my cough. Its a dry cough, but I gag and choke soemtimes with it. Bad enough it scares me and I change colors. So we went to the doctor and she said I do have a cold, and that is no biggie, but that I probably have tracheomalacia too. This means that my trachea, the tube I breathe through, is not as hard as yours is. It can actually be a little floppy and this makes it so that sometimes it closes off somehow, and I feel like I am choking, so I gag at first. Unfortunately, it means I am not getting enough air at that moment so it can also make me change colors and it is kind of scary for all of us. Sometimes I have to get turned upside down and have someone pat my back a little to open things back up. This usually makes me throw up a little too, which I don't like.


The good news is that I should grow out of it by the time I am two. So until then, I just get oodles of attention when I am eating or sick. Hey, that kinda works for me!



And for more news about how awesome I am: I weighed 13 pounds today at the doctor! They were all impressed at how big I am getting!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. No wonder he changes clothes so often. Glad his doc is on top of it :) Miss you guys & can't wait to hold this sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does make him require a few extra wardrobe changes each day. Kellan's bib collection has grown a bunch recently because he is a drool machine! I am thinking he may have a sore-er throat due to reflux, so rather than swallow like he was he just lets it dribble out. Between that and the milk that comes back up the bibs are really necessary! We miss you too and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Got something you wanna tell me? I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment and my parents will read it to me so I know what you had to say!