Friday, October 28, 2011

The BEST Day Of My Life

A few days ago my Mommy posted this picture on her facebook asking people what they thought I was thinking.


Some people got it pretty close -- I'm lookin' at you Frank! --  I am waaay cuter than that Gerber kid, I think most of that stuff would look good on Daddy's head, and I think it is great that the baby oatmeal is fortified but ... hey, wait a second ... baby oatmeal?!  As in, stuff for babies to eat?  Like eat?!  There is food for me to consume, not just to drink?  Don't get me wrong, I looove the food I drink, but every now and then I see some of the stuff my family puts in their mouths and I think to my self "Self, that looks good!"

So when Mommy took me to see Dr. ColdHands I said it to her as plainly as I could:

Look Dr. ColdHands, I know that I am growing quite nicely, and clearly I am having all my nutrient needs met already, but sometimes I wonder a bit if there is more to life than milk.  Its not that I want to stop milk, oh goodness no.  I love my milk.  I am just wondering if maybe we could add to my diet a bit.  You know, like maybe a little something more solid and less liquid?  What do you think?

The best part about Dr. ColdHands is that she understood all of that.  She also agreed with me.  At that moment I forgave her for all the medicines and testing and even for the horrible gloves she used to tell my parents were a good idea.

So I got my Mom in the car and had her take me to the grocery store.  We got some oatmeal ... and it turns out that yesterday was the best day, ever.

my first taste of it

As you can see, I really liked it!

I wanted to help Mommy,
so I held the spoon steady.

Keep it comin'!!!

I didn't like the part where she'd take the spoon away

Some of my art!

Eating IS more fun, but playing with your food?
A close second!

I <3 oatmeal!
So now I am a big boy eating solids!  Sooooo awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna tell me? I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment and my parents will read it to me so I know what you had to say!