Friday, August 19, 2011

attack of the Momdar

I have been really busy lately, and I think its freaking my Mom out. Daddy, he doesn't freak out, he just gets me. Of course, I haven't tried to give him a heart attack yet, I have tried (and apparently succeeded in) giving Mommy a heart attack a couple of times.

So you all know I can roll over from my tummy to my back right? Well everyone keeps telling me the next thing I am supposed to do is roll from my back to my tummy. I think these people are sick in the head if they actually think I would want to roll to my tummy. I hate tummy time. That is H-A-T-E it. Why on earth would I put myself there?! So anyway, while they are all driveling on about how I am supposed to roll over like a puppy I decided to work on something else in secret. Mom caught me though, I swear she has eyes in the back of her head. I was silently working on my new skill when her Momdar (that's Mommy Radar) went off signalling her of potential danger. She turned around and in that really strained voice that I know means she is trying not to pop that vein in her neck she said "Oh Kelly what are you doing?" The second time I did it she caught me on film ...

Yeah, I am working on sitting up. Truth be told I have been exercising in my car seat for a while now. I figure the buckled in straps are sort of like resistance training. Well in my rocking chair I am only strapped in on the bottom half, none of this five-point-harness nonsense. So between using my body to get it rocking and using my big head for weight and momentum I was able to pull myself up into a sitting position. It was soooo cool. Seriously, for that 45 seconds I was a free baby, even if Mommy was right there with her scaredy cat voice. But then Mommy said it wasn't safe. She said that I wouldn't necessarily be able to stop myself from moving further forward. She only let me do it a second time because she was curious to see how I had done it. Then she took all the joy out of my life and switched my rocking chair back to a non-rocking chair. I can't make the darn thing move at all now. She did let me sit up with my Boppy later, which was nice but a bit less thrilling. I gave her my best "how could you do this to me face" but all it did was make her giggle and take yet another picture.
Sigh.

Well at least there is no supposed "danger" -- picture me doing those finger quotes cuz I am doing them in my mind -- in the other thing I am having fun with right now. I have a swing that used to belong to my big brother. It has these things on it that Mommy switches out so I never get bored with them. I even get to take my gloves off sometimes and play with them and it is so fun!

While Mommy may be a real killjoy about some of my more daring adventures, I do love just cuddling with her especially right after I eat if my reflux isn't being annoying. It is my fave place to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something you wanna tell me? I'd love to hear it! Leave me a comment and my parents will read it to me so I know what you had to say!